Edukans has developed EDUstars, a comprehensive, hands on school quality model that helps schools develop a high-level learning environment for their students.
EDUstars: five pillars to high quality education
Good, future proof education for children starts with a safe, enabling learning environment and home-support. That is why Edukans developed EDUstars: a comprehensive school quality model that is used worldwide. It analyses and improves the five ‘pillars’ that determine quality education:
- Safe learning environment (STARenvironment)
- Comprehensive child approach; improved academic, social and emotional learning (STARlearner)
- Well-trained and motivated teachers (STARteacher)
- Well-functioning school management (STARleader)
- Supportive, involved parents and community (STARcommunity)
Assessment and improvement
Edukans maps schools along these five pillars involving all stakeholders. Part of the process is a joint school improvement plan. The mapping is repeated every year to monitor progress. A school that shows high scores on all pillars is a high quality school that is able to offer a high-level learning environment for its students.
EDUstars is a useful methodology to jointly work on good quality and relevant education, where children can live their full potential.
How we work
With over 15 years of experience, we built a solid theory of change that is guiding our work for quality education.